One might expect an industry that’s been around for 100+ years to be very well understood and pretty much stable. Electrical contracting for example… Fat chance! John Maisel, Publisher of Electrical Contractor Magazine should know. He’s been around the industry for years, knows the movers and shakers and is a student of the business.
Listen in on this fascinating conversation that covers not only the nature of the transformation, but also its three critical elements:
- The morphing of the definition of a building
- The Design/Build collaboration system
- The influence and demands of the building owner
We also touch on the need for the enormous amount of training and education that’s needed. A great primer on industry issues and trends, and the start of what promises to be a great series of discussions.
Grant Goodwin, Authoritative Branding pioneer, has spent the last 12 years leading enterprises focused on online education, content development and sales, marketing research, and brand strategy. He’s also the President of All Roads, an organization with a new approach to marketing that combines proven research with the latest technologies for unbeatable brands.
In this interview, Grant debunks many of the myths associated with the Internet today as it pertains to corporate websites and executive profiles.
- The “verbal education service” that professionals provide everyday is their brand
- The way corporations approach marketing, especially online marketing, is still a long way off from the what their audiences want and expect.
- Knowledge is a company’s best asset.
- “Doing the web right” isn’t about tactics or tools
- “Communications” objectives shouldn’t and needn’t be only outward facing
Whether you are part of an investment group, a capital partner, a real estate expert or a hotel/resort management company, and you need to find “new” opportunities and BUILD strategies and action plans for financial success and return, you’ll want know Vendo Toming. He is Principal of VT Associates, a consulting firm offering a full range of Sales and Marketing services and support for hotels and resorts.
This conversation is filled with actionable insights.
- Evolution of the hotel/resort business
- What is going on with Brands?
- Major trends in hotel industry
- Doing revenue management right